[Blogging in English] Challenge Accepted! + Some Random Talk

Hey friends!

Yup, this is me writing in English. Please, don't close the window now, I promise I'll make it up to you guys who don't like English that much.

But first of all I want to tell you what this is about. 

Last week I discovered that Christine from Books & Cupcakes is challenging German bloggers to go more international. She asks us to write some English blogposts for the next three months and I joined immediately.

For further information check out her blogpost and let me know if you decide to participate too.

So what exactly did I plan for the next three months?

If you're reading my blog for a while you might know that I'm totally into English books. I love reading them before everyone else does, I love discovering amazing books that are not going to be translated into German and I absolutely am in love with that language.

Sounds strange, right? Just imagine for a second that your mind is occupied with two languages. The one in which you talk to people, in which you mainly communicate and then there is the one in which you read a lot of books, in which you begin thinking and sometimes even talking when you're mind is occupied.

I guess that's some kind of weird schizophrenia going on in my head but actually I like that I'm almost fluent in English and German. What I don't like is that I have almost no opportunity to babble in English and I feel like this has to go out. I need to let go of all the thoughts that occupy my mind when reading so much in English though I have no idea if "Blogging in English" is going to make it even worse.

So I'm not really sure if you are into English book reviews but I'll try to variate between my blogposts so those of you who don't like English won't suffer that much from my obsession.

Well, I think they might not even have read until here...

Starting with this post I will have some random talk about life and books in general. So if you're interested keep reading...


Frankfurt Book Fair 2014

It's that time of the year again when every single book blogger, book tuber and general book addict gets excited about the possibility of meeting all those great publishing companies and their authors.

Right. I'm talking about the Frankfurt Book Fair which startet today and will take on until Sunday. And I'm visiting on Friday and Saturday with my boyfriend and the beauties you can see in the picture. I'm not sure if I already showed you my bookmarks and business cards but I love them!

I'm excited to meet all those great book bloggers I talked to in the last few months. Not only will I be visiting the Lovelybooks and the Iron Buchblogger Meet-Up but also have an evening date with some of my book besties. :)

I will also see if I can catch some signatures of Adnan Maral, Kai Meyer and Libba Bray because I absolutely love their books. Some of you might not know Adnan Maral. He is the actor who played the father in "Türkisch für Anfänger" and he is also an ambassador who wrote a great book about prejudices in our society. My review for this one will be up after the book fair but I strongly suggest you go see him if you have the opportunity.

Please let me know if you're coming to one of the Meet-Ups. I would love to meet you guys.


More to come in the writing department

Yeah, I know, I know. I've neglected the writing part of my blog since...I don't even know when. But as you know November is coming up soon and with that the National Novel Writing Month. I'm of course going to participate again.

I've been working on my novel since forever, I even wrote a first version back in January but I had to do a lot more plotting because I wasn't happy with how everything turned out. I went from fantasy to dystopian and back to fantasy again because I was lecking that really bad, but understandable villain. I didn't want to throw someone just evil in there, I wanted him to have a backstory like all of my characters do and I kind of fell in love with how he turned out.

Ideas are coming and growing now that I spend more time with my novel again. There are just so many that I could write a bunch of other novels taking place in this world and I need to write it all down before I forget anything. I will be writing a lot the next three months because I hope that I'm done with the first big story arc until January.

For my blog, this mainly means that there will be some more blogposts about writing soon. I will keep diary with you guys while NaNoWriMo and I plan some more creative blogposts because I hardly have time and I'm not really in the mood for doing more tutorial posts.

If you're participating in NaNoWriMo, too, make sure to tell me and to join the facebook event which you can find here.


Halloween-ish stuff

Since I'm a total fan of Halloween I will participate in organizing a Halloween Reading Week which will take place on facebook.

I'm totally in to reading witch books and some other traditional dark fantasy stuff, so there will be a lot of Halloween related posts this month.

For the Halloween Reading Week I'll have some special blogposts planned for you that I'm extremly excited to share.

You're joining the Halloween Reading Week or have some special Halloween blogposts planned?
Let me know in the comments and I'll definitely check your stuff out.



Finally I just want to let you know that I'm facing some troubles with the pictures we took in our vacation so you need to wait a little bit longer for me to show you some stuff.

Are you interested in a witchy book guide? I'd love to learn more about witchy books and I'd like to share my knowledge with you. :)

Well, that is it for today. I know, quite a lot to read, especially when you're not used to read in English but I'd like to hear your opinions about the challenge. Are you still with me?


XOXO Kim.